Sunday 1 January 2012

High Hopes on pissing off an RX7

Our RX7 was so old that it came only with an on-board cassette player -- state-of-the art for its day, I guess.

Back in early '98, we started talking about how great it would be to have a CD player: we'd be able to burn our own music selections for our road trips.

Well, I guess that is precisely the way to piss off your good old reliable RX7 !  It seems that, no sooner had we started discussions about a CD player, than our radio/cassette combo decided to go on strike.  What finer time did they decide this, but on the 100-mile trek back home from Mom's !!

So, whatcha gonna do ?  Natch, we start singing and, guess you could say that we hatched a song that will certainly keep us in some unique list of lists !!

The lyrics, to which I have to give credit to my melodic counterpart (the driver, not me), go something like this (all apologies to Frank Sinatra):

Just what makes that little old ant
Think he can snort a bag of cocaine
Anyone knows an ant can't
Snort a bag of cocaine
But he's got hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii hopes
He's got hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii hopes

I dunno.  Somehow, I just think that Ole Blue Eyes did a much better job of it !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments: