Thursday 24 November 2011

It was 20 years ago today...


It's so hard to believe that it has already been 20 years since Freddie Mercury passed away !!  Sometimes, when I listen to his singing or watching one of his performances, I can only think of him being so alive & vibrant, and running around on stage.  Oh, that it were so !!

How do you begin to describe Freddie: dynamic lead singer; charismatic frontman; flamboyant stage personality?  All I can come up with is "great eye candy with a tremendous set of lungs" !!

A writer for The Spectator described him as "a performer out to tease, shock and ultimately charm his audience with various extravagant versions of himself".  Yeah, that works too.

For years, on Grey Cup Sunday, one of my brothers would call me, asking me to play Queen's "We Are The Champions" over the phone to my other brother.

Talk about coincidence !!  The Toronto Argonauts won the Grey Cup championship on November 24, 1991.  Freddie Mercury passed away November 24, 1991.
The show must go on....the show will never end !  The King (Elvis) is dead; long live the Queen (Queen Freddie).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments: