Tuesday 27 September 2011

My fave radio player !!

Don'tcha just loathe radio stations that have their own proprietary audio player ?  Actually, don't you despise those who demand Windows Real Player or Apple's iTunes, just as much ?  Well, I'm with you!  Who the hell died and made them God ?

Fortunately, I've found a little utility that lets me listen to just about any radio station I want, without any of that overhead or headache.


I'm talking about Crawler's Radio & MP3 Player.  This little puppy is the best !  Now I have one single interface for everything -- proprietary / iTunes / RealPlayer be damned !!

The bonus is that this little darlin' has a built-in scheduler and recorder, so I never have to worry about missing a single instalment of Studebaker Hawk's "Hotwax" (Fridays, 6 a.m.-9 a.m. on wdvrfm.org) !!

I wouldn't want to do without Crawler.  I've listened to New Orleans & Mississippi stations after Katrina in 2001.  I tuned into Hawaii stations, after Kilaua erupted & there was also a tidal wave just after Japan's earthquake.  The possibilities are endless.

Crawler comes with a somewhat outdated list of radio stations, but it's pretty easy to add your own.

I know you're curious, so I'll just flat-out tell you the settings for WDVR !
WDVR High Speed: Stream URL = http://www.wdvrfm.org/wdvr45_10.asx
WDVR Low Speed: Stream URL = http://www.wdvrfm.org/wdvr24_11.asx

Enjoy !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments: