Wednesday 21 September 2011

You are what you eat ???

In 1971, when the song "Timothy" (by The Buoys) came out, I was in high school.  The song must have received a lot of airplay, 'cause the tune has always been quite familiar to me.  However, I guess I was too busy at the time (high school band, part-time job -- not to mention, I contracted mono), to listen beyond the melody and pay attention to the lyrics.
When I first learned of the song meaning, I was in my mid 30's -- no kidding, years after the song was first released !  Again, let's just say that I was busy -- it couldn't be that I was "slow"...naw !!  Cannibalism ?  Wow !  Now, that's different !  You can bet, that as soon as I heard that, I simply "had" to hear it again.
I remember my reaction..."Holy Toledo !  How could they?"  They must have been desperate -- I mean, REALLY desperate !  Can you imagine ?  I think I'd have to starve for a couple of weeks, before I'd even eat a hot dog, so I'm sure I'd be stark raving mad, before I'd nosh on "Tim bits" !!

Nowadays, I've got a bit more time on my hands.  I'm off to research the expression, "You are what you eat" !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments: