Friday 14 October 2011

Remembering Bing Crosby



So hard to believe that it was 34 years ago (1977) that Bing Crosby passed away.

Of course, I think his most popular recordings were Christmas carols -- my personal favourite being "Mele Kalikimaka (The Hawaiian Christmas Song)" --, but he did so so so much more !!

I remember hearing so much "dirt" about him, after his death: that he was a nasty and abusive person.  Not only is this almost unbelievable, it's one of those things that you just don't want to know.  Some things border on being sacred and you just shouldn't go there.  (My feelings are the same, when I hear people trash-talking the Beach Boys.)

I prefer to remember the good old, happy, wholesome Bing, who graced our radio and TV sets for so many years.


Bada boom bada bing !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments: