Tuesday 4 October 2011

The Singing Bee (or, great minds sing alike)

You know you've lived together too long and know each other too well, when you start buying each other the same Christmas gift !!  That's what happened to hubby and I !

We both enjoyed the TV show, "The Singing Bee" and would watch it faithfully.
Oh, for sure, I agree that it was pretty cheesy at times (particularly due to the "nerditude" of Joey Fatone -- which we pronounce "Fat One"), but it was an entertaining half hour which offered at least a bit of nostalgia.

One day, I'm out shopping and what do I see at one of those mall "here today, gone tomorrow" stands?  The board game version of "The Singing Bee".  Well, without a doubt, Sweetie needed it.  I bought it and wrapped it up for him for Christmas.

Along comes Christmas Eve and I'm opening one of my gifts.  You guessed it !!   Sweetie had bought me the very same thing -- "The Singing Bee" board game.

So, my brother lucks out and gets the spare game.  And, after all, the game didn't turn out to be all that wonderful.  If you're only 2 players and one player has to work the DVD player, the guesswork kinda goes out the window.

That being said, if you enjoy music trivia games, along the lines of "Don't Forget The Lyrics" or, if you wax nostalgic while watching "Hit Me Baby One More Time", you'll definitely enjoy "The Singing Bee".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments: